Maxxine Wright Pregnancy Outreach
Our Pregnancy Outreach program supports pregnant women and new mothers experiencing and/or at risk of experiencing homelessness, fleeing violence or experiencing other barriers to medical services in Surrey, Delta, Langley and Cloverdale. The Pregnancy Outreach team works alongside health and social service providers to support women accessing services that lead to healthy birth outcomes.
Pregnancy Outreach provides non-judgmental, emotional, and practical support through advocacy, material donations, childcare support, meals, referrals, and other resources within the community. The program team includes support workers, peer support and a registered nurse.
As the Pregnancy Outreach program is located within the Maxxine Wright Community Health Centre, women have access to comprehensive women-centred health and social care to support women during their prenatal, pregnancy and post-natal periods, including:
- Meals, snacks and beverages
- Harm Reduction supplies
- Hygiene kits
- Pregnancy kits (i.e. formula, diapers, vitamins)
- Referrals to health, housing and social services
- Donations of clothing, household, food, and baby items
- Accompaniments to appointments
- Providing transportation/bus fare to appointment, food bank, and groceries
- Child-minding during appointments
- Teaching Lessons: One-to-one guidance, group how-to sessions