Rice Block Support Recovery Housing for Women
The Rice Block, located in Strathcona, is a women-only pre-and post-stabilization housing program for women who are seeking support to reduce and or stop their problematic use of substances.
There are 10 beds available for women who have completed detox and are waiting for a bed in treatment, as well as 28 beds available for women who have completed treatment and are waiting to find safe, affordable, long-term housing.
Referrals are accepted primarily from detox and treatment centres and may be vetted through Vancouver Coastal Health’s central addition intake (CAIT) system or BC Housing’s supported housing registry (SHR).
In addition to housing, staff coordinate a community kitchen program, in which all women are encouraged to participate.
Other onsite programs:
- Enterprising Women Making Art storefront and maker studio
Phone: (604) 253-2553
Email: [email protected]
Browse our Housing Resources by City
- Sue Bujold Floor
- Sorella Housing for Women and Children
- Sísele (SEE-SE-LA) Housing for Women who are Older
- Sereenas Housing for Women
- Secord Housing for Women
- Rice Block Support Recovery Housing for Women
- Imouto Housing for Young Women
- Empress Rooms
- Bridge Transition Program for Women
- Bridge Housing for Women
- 420 Hawks Avenue
- Olivia Skye