Stopping the Violence Counselling
Provides individual and group counselling to women and transwomen who have experienced current or past relationship abuse, sexual assault, or physical, emotional or sexual abuse at any age. Services are provided free of charge from a strengths-based, feminist, anti-oppressive, and harm reduction perspective. * This program is funded by the Ministry of Justice.
The Stopping the Violence program offers one-on-one counselling for women who have experienced violence and/or abuse in their lifetime. It offers a safe space to address issues that arise from their experiences and strives to empower women to make decisions that feel right for them.
- Crisis intervention and safety planning
- A safe, confidential place to talk about your experiences
- A chance to discuss questions, confusion, fears or other feelings
- A non-judgemental environment to explore options
- Information and support to help you make your own decisions
- Space to discuss current coping strategies
- Referrals to other agencies or services as needed
The Stopping the Violence Program strives to offer non-judgmental group support which reflects the needs of women in the Downtown Eastside community and Vancouver at large. Current support group(s) offered:
- The 16 Steps to Discovery and Empowerment
- Weaving Our Voices: An Art Therapy Group for Women