Maxxine Wright Community Health Centre
Who do we support?
The Maxxine Wright Community Health Centre supports women who are pregnant or who have very young children at the time of intake who are also impacted by substance use and/ or violence and abuse. Women do not need to have their children in their care to receive support provided there is an ongoing relationship with the child.
Note: our current mandate is women who are pregnant or have a child under six months old at the time of intake. Once a woman has completed intake, we can potentially work with her up to her youngest child turns 4 years old.
What do we do?
We provide a wide range of women-centred health and social supports, all under one roof. Services are provided in partnership with Fraser Health and the Ministry for Children and Family Development. Supports currently offered include:
- Daily hot lunch program
- Non-judgmental emotional and practical support
- Medical and nursing care
- Dental hygienist
- Alcohol and drug counselling
- Donations of clothing, household, food, and baby items
- Assistance with housing, income assistance, forms
- Access to a social worker
- ReDiscover Parenting Program
- Information and resource referral
- 16 Step Empowerment Group (open to all women in the community)
- Pregnancy Outreach Program
- Safe, welcoming drop-in space and opportunity to socialize with other women and kids
- Various other groups may be offered throughout the year
Phone: (877) 483-6456
Email: [email protected]
*Most services are available on a drop-in basis. If you are coming to the centre for this first time, please note that we do not complete intakes on Mondays. You are welcome to come by Tuesday through Friday during drop-in hours or to call ahead to arrange an appointment. If you are coming for a specific reason please call ahead to make sure what you need is available.