- About Us
- Donor Center
Work has meaning at Atira
Whether you are a woman with lived experience and embodied knowledge, a woman who has dedicated her life to learning about and supporting women affected by violence or a woman whose passion guides you to women’s anti-violence and social justice work, you will find yourself among allies at Atira. We cultivate a culture that’s empowering, inclusive and relaxed. We value innovation, collaboration and respect. We are all passionate about and dedicated to supporting women and children affected by violence. We envision a world free of inequalities, where everyone’s human rights are respected and where women and girls have the right to participate fully and effectively in all of the decisions that affect their lives.
- To sign up for job notifications click here.
- To check on an application you’ve submitted click here.
- If you don’t see a position that fits for you, click here to let us know how you can make a difference at Atira.
- Women's Support Worker , Maxxine Wright Shelter , Thursday to Saturday, 3:30 pm to midnight, with every second Monday free from work , By noon on Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Women's Support Worker , Secord Housing for Women , Saturday to Monday, 11:30 pm to 8:00 am, with every second Monday free from work , By noon on Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Women's Health Care Assistant , Sue Bujold Floor, located at Bridge Housing for Women , Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday, 7:30 pm to 8:00 am (12 hour shift) , By noon on Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Women's Support Worker , Ama Tranistion House & Shimai Transition House , Relief/On-call , Ongoing Basis
- Building Custodian , Vancouver Programs , Relief/On-call , Ongoing Basis
- Women's Support Worker , Bridge Housing for Women & Sorella Housing for Women , Relief/On-call , Ongoing Basis
- Women's Support Worker , Marr Housing for Women Who are Older & Secord Housing for Women , Relief/On-call , Ongoing Basis
- Women's Support Worker , Imouto Housing for Young Women , Relief/On-call , Ongoing Basis
- Women's Support Worker , Empress Rooms & Sereena's Housing for Women , Relief/On-call , Ongoing Basis
- Early Childhood Educator , Maxxine Wright Early Care & Learning Centre , Relief/On-call , Ongoing Basis
Sorry, there are none at this time.
When women support each other
Our culture is built on our unshakable belief that when women support each other, we can change the world. Add our passion for and belief in women’s incredible strength, their power to make changes in their lives, and our absolute awe for the ways in which they have kept themselves safe in spite of often unbearable circumstances, and against all odds. If you believe in women, if you believe in justice, if you believe in rising up everyone around you, then Atira will be the best job you have ever had.
What women say about working with Atira
"Atira is A for amazing! Staff are provided professional development, ensured a respectful work environment, a living wage, occupational health and safety is taken seriously, and many opportunities are provided to use your strengths and to discover strengths you never knew you had. Our CEO values lived experience as much as academic learning and understands that making mistakes is an opportunity for learning, and she values and encourages feedback from staff."
"Growing up I learned it was not safe to identify as an Aboriginal woman. At Atira I am safe to be me, not only as an Aboriginal woman but also despite my past and society telling me I would never amount to anything."
"Working for Atira has inspired me and brought out a passion in me that I never thought I had. Working with women who are non-judgmental, encouraging and understanding motivates me to want to give more. Being a part of an organization that meets you where you're at and supports women who are afraid to share their stories because of the stereotypes and the stigma of society, gives me incentive to go to work and be my very best self, with my co-workers and the women we are supporting."
"I love working at Atira because of my own "herstory". All of the women I knew that were murdered or went missing and society felt it was acceptable or deserving because of their life choices. Working at Atira I get to make a difference I get to see a homeless woman's eyes light up when she is provided safe housing. I get to see tears of joy when a woman is reunited with her child. I get to support woman with safety options before they go out on the street or return home to an abuser. I get to use my voice where I was once voiceless and for the women I loved who never made it, I get the honour of making their lives count."
"I love working for Atira because of its diversity, we not only hire women with professional and educational experiences, life experiences also play a huge role. I am part of the Atira team and I am so proud of it." "